This year, we have decided to have ambitions instead of resolutions. I have no idea if changing the name will actually help us complete them any better, but it sounded good.
I'm not going to burden you with the whole passel of them, but rather share the one that might interest you.
It is our ambition to complete one craft related project in each of the 52 weeks of this coming year. It might be an embroidery piece, or a hand carved stamp, or something we've never tried before. Whatever it happens to be, we'll post the finished product, good or otherwise, here; complete with pictures. We have already deemed January to be our Family Project Finishing Month and hope to catch up on all of the little odds and ends that have been patiently waiting for our attention.
Some of the specific projects that we have planned:
- The sock puppet kit M got for Christmas
- The pop up scrapbook kit M got for Christmas
- The beeswax candle kit M...
- The knot a quilt M... (sensing a trend here?)
- Ugly firestarters (Yes, I know we already made ugly firestarters. This is a different project. They are ugly on purpose.)
- A second crack at pouring our own pillar candles
- Seeing how many different variations of one Hardanger pattern we can come up with
- My first attempt at a layered stamp
- LTCs with the Qat stamps I've carved
- Brown Bag cookie mold projects (including making our own butter)
- and many more
So, where shall we start?