Friday, July 20, 2012

Decompartmentalizing

Take a good look at the beautiful picture of Mt Rainier (more on that later). Breathe deep. Can you smell the crisp air? It has just a touch of Christmas in it. There is a Swainson's Thrush singing nearby. Ahhhh....
Now, does everybody have their calm face on? Good.

A fairly significant change is coming to this blog. Up to this point, I have tried to keep everything separate--a cubby hole for writing, a cubby hole for bunnies, a cubby hole for all things religious, and a cubby hole for everything else (here).
Except my faith isn't a cubby hole. It's the desk.
Even though I often fail, everything in my life is profoundly affected by what I believe about Jesus Christ. I cannot continue to pretend otherwise out of fear that I might offend someone. So this is fair warning. Proverbs 27:6 says "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy." If we have bad breath, we want someone to offer a piece of gum to us. If we're dragging TP behind us, we want someone to step on it to save us from embarrassment. How much more then should we desire words of truth that lead to life and salvation?

Will there still be recipes, crafts, and other nonsense that keeps us from our chores? You bet.
Will there be bunnies? Yes, but only when I can't help myself. I plan to keep my business site separate still.
In addition, book reviews, short stories and bad poetry will also be found here instead of Sit, Stay, Write!
And finally there will be such topics as prayer, grace, church, sin, forgiveness, various charities and the like.
In other words, the only thing I'm avoiding from this point forward is Laundry.

I would love it if you would stay.