Friday, April 17, 2009

Nitrocat's California Adventure

For my birthday, my parents gave me a plane ticket to Sacramento to see one of my brothers. Of course, Mom went with me and we had a wonderful time. I won't bore you with all the family stuff, but know that it included teaching my nephew to fake cough, lots of story reading, an introductory lesson on Fountain Pens, and some therapeutic gardening. It also included a letterboxing meet n greet and a day out with new found friends.
Amber Gillespie, of Gillespie Tribe fame, arranged a get together at Straw Hat Pizza. (Sorry, but you're going to have to look at my mug alot in this post.)

We were honored with a surprise visit from time-traveling enigma, OB Juan

Grumpy Grinch is actually two people, but you knew that, right?

Team BearCat made it all the way from Tennessee. It's so much fun to meet people that I have been exchanging postals and LTCs with for so long.

The day after the event, I hooked up with Doublesaj & Old Blue, and Princess Lea (below) for some Nor Cal letterboxing.
In the National Archives we got a Sesquicentennial stamp that has nothing to do with letterboxing! Have you ever heard of such a thing?!

Free Range Chickens running all over Fair Oaks, Ca. How fun is that?

And Ant Eaters in people's front yards. Illinois is so boring by comparison.

Fabulous day. Fantastic trip. But...it's good to be home. We are so getting chickens though.

1 comment:

  1. You have been nominated for the Lemonade Stand Blog Award! You can pick it up at my blog later tonight or tomorrow.

    Tee

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback means a lot!