Monday, March 15, 2010

Mud Pie

Since yesterday was Pi Day, M and I made a Mississippi Mud Pie. Thought you might like the recipe:

Mississippi Mud Pie

3 oz semi sweet chocolate
1/4 c butter
3 T light corn syrup
3 eggs
2/3 c sugar
1 t vanilla
pie crust
whipping cream
chocolate curls

I use the Betty Crocker pie crust recipe. The pie directions call for par baking the crust, but I think I'm going to skip that next time. I would recommend pricking the crust with a fork before baking.
In a double boiler, melt butter, chocolate and corn syrup. In separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla. When chocolate is smooth, turn off heat and slowly add egg mixture, stirring until completely combined. Pour into pie shell and bake at 350* 35-45 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool on wire rack and spread with whipping cream and decorate with chocolate curls.

*Photo provided by Zazzle...since my pie didn't last long enough to have it's picture taken.