Monday, December 28, 2009

Cream Soda


Working on Norwegian Hardanger Embroidery is one of my complex pleasures. It's complex because of the many types of stitches and myriad ways that you can make mistakes. It forces you to concentrate; allowing you, for a time, to block out other distractions. It also forces you to sit still; something that I'm not always capable of doing.
This is one of the pieces that I worked on as a Christmas present. It it identical to Ginger Ale, but uses different materials. I've made this one enough that I have the pattern memorized, which makes it work up a lot faster than you would think. The finished size is 6 1/2 x 8 inches and took about 12 hours (an hour less than last time).
I've been experimenting quite a bit lately with using different fabrics and threads in various color combinations, but this one is as traditional as it comes: tone on tone in either white or ecru.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Stacy! I like the phrase 'complex pleasure', too - hmm... I'm pondering that one, now. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, Stacy, this is just beautiful! I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, You’ve done a great job. I will certainly digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.
    voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback means a lot!