Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Butter Pecan

Yes, it's another Hardanger piece. I've been working on again/off again on this one for weeks. I lost track of how many hours it took, but I'd guess somewhere between 15-20. It's worked on a 28 count Country French linen called Hazelnut (which I bought at Stitchville in MN and have fallen in love with). There is not as much color variation between fabric and thread as the picture would lead you to believe. The eight spider web blocks are fun to do, but take about 25 minutes a piece. It measures about six inches square. I have no purpose in mind for this piece, so it will probably be tucked away for gift.

The next piece that I want to make has 4 Edelweiss blocks on it--which terrifies me. I've only done one before and it took over an hour. But the piece is magnificent and I've been drooling over the pattern long enough.