Friday, July 31, 2009

'Tis a Puzzlement!

All of my efforts to draw out the dweller of the mysterious holes have proven fruitless. I have left yummy treats of the veg and meat varieties. The chicken and pepperoni both disappeared, but not while I was there. We do have ground squirrels and they will eat about anything, so it's possible that they snitched the food. The holes are too small to be theirs though. Plus, they have no qualms about making their presence known.
I have caught glimpses of a creature that I believe could be responsible. It is small and fuzzy, with no discernible tail (and therefore Not a Rat!), roughly the size of a field mouse, but darker brown.

Another related mystery, I believe, is these tracks that we saw in the snow last winter. They looked like someone rolled a very small snowball along. There were not any actual paw prints to identify.
As far as I can tell, there is no damage being done in the flowerbeds. I'm just extremely curious to find out who my mystery neighbor is!

To be continued...I hope...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you just couldn't see the tail. Then it would be a rat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is for the first that I just visited your site and I find it really interesting! Well done!

    voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to your site I just learned several things. Continue!

    Voyance gratuite par telephone

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback means a lot!