Friday, September 4, 2009

Random Acts of Stupidity

So, I've been watching way more television than I care to admit lately, but I had a revelation last night during a program that I am not even going to confess to seeing.

If I had a dollar for every idiotic thing that people say or do (or watch~**snicker**) on TV, I would be a very wealthy woman indeed. I'm pretty sure that a lot of you feel the same way. So just for the fun of it, let's make a list of mind numbing dumbness. Send me your favorite Random Acts of Stupidity and I'll add them to the list. Here are a couple of my favorites:

  • "Reality" television of any kind. Don't even get me started.
  • Scented garbage bags with odor blocking technology (???)
  • "Because truth is more dangerous than fiction"~from the trailer for the upcoming season of Destination Truth on SyFy.
  • The "lollipop" Dell commercial--Aaaahhhhh!
  • Using sex to sell everything from rice to radial tires.
  • The phrases "because you're worth it" and "because you deserve it".
  • The newest Scion commercial~I recommend they look up the definition of Icon.
That should give you a nudge. Now it's your turn.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I don't even know where to begin! We are so surrounded by mind-numbing idiocy, it's hard to even see it for what it is anymore!

    Funny...I'll have to think and come back with a great one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I've got one...the billboards for Union 76 that simply say that they wanted to make their billboard so boring as to not distract you from driving...ummm. Did they think that would sell gasoline? *shaking head*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, one thing that my husband says doesn't make since is onions. He doesn't like them. period.

    But when people tell them food has some in it, they say you can't taste the onion. So he says, "Why put it in there?" Their answer? "To give it flavor."

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback means a lot!