Friday, January 28, 2011

Lou'siana

Since I've been home for over a week now, isn't it about time I posted some of my pics? Yep, that's what I thought.
Aside from camera troubles frustrating enough to make me want to chuck it in the nearest fountain, I came home with some decent amateur photos. Enjoy.



A few thoughts about the trip:
  • New Orleans has some beautiful things in it, and it is true that you could happily eat your way from one end of it to th'other, but it takes some purposeful obliviousness to navigate it without permanently scaring your innocence. That or buckets of Wassa's Eye Bleach.
  • When the threat is real, I am indeed afraid of snakes.
  • Live Oaks are just about the coolest thing ever.
  • Friends you've never met before can turn out to be just as amazing as you hoped they'd be.
  • So can their kids.
  • Pralines. Yum.
  • Worshiping with others "of like faith and practice" is awe inspiring no matter where it takes place.
  • I want to go back.