Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week, the second

Since I'm a little behind on K's photo challenge, I'm going to have to try to post several this week. This probably won't be the last time I have to play catch up.

The challenge for the second week was to post: A picture of you and the person you have been close with for the longest.

 It might sound like a sappy greeting card, but my Mom is my best friend. Really.
After being away at college, I lived at home for a year so that I could pay off my student loans quickly. I knew it was time to move out when there started to be a little friction between us. It was nothing serious--just two women with different opinions in the same house stuff--but I wanted to protect our relationship.
Over the years since, through good and bad, Mom remains my closest friend. I can talk to her about anything, and we enjoy one another's company. I look just like her too, don't ya think? I am grateful to God for a Mom that I want to spend time with. I know not everyone has a good relationship with their parents.


This photo was taken on our recent tour of the barn quilts in Kankakee County. One of Mom's sisters, my Aunt Jamie, was with us. The photo was graciously taken by the farmer who owns this lovely farm, Mr. Schwark.