Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week, the third

This week's challenge is sort of a no-brainer, and if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you can probably guess what my photo will be. The prompt was: A picture of the cast from one of your favorite shows or movies.

See how easy that is?


David Tennant is, by far, my favorite incarnation of Doctor Who. And of course, Rose Tyler, played by Billie Piper, is his best traveling companion.

Let me tell you something about my view of actors and actresses (since this is supposed to be an exposé, after all). While some people get completely caught up in every sordid detail of an actor's private life, I do not. I enjoy them in certain roles, but don't pursue it much farther. I couldn't even tell you if David Tennant is married or not. I like him in his role as Doctor Who, but I don't know much else about him. It is rare that I ever watch or like all of the roles one person will play in their career. I find that if you dig (usually not too far) into the reality behind a character, you are likely to be very disappointed.
So, while I've made a play at David Tennant being my "heartthrob", it's just an act. The truth is, I love the fictional idea of a save-the-world-time-traveler, regardless of who plays the part.

Above is the inside of my Trading Card to End All Trading Cards.