Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tatting up a Fury

Some tatting patterns, like Everest, need to be done simply because they exist. Anne Bruvold's Flying Minor Norwegian Dragon is one of them. A Lace Dragon? And Norwegian too? Seriously, how could I resist?

Having already tatted Anne's Ringtrim dragon, and Martha Ess' Paprika, when the green and gold HDT arrived from Yarnplayer, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. The body is made with Lizbeth Gold. This pattern is not hard, and I even made a few minor modifications to it--mostly by starting with two shuttles from the beginning, eliminating the need to mess with single shuttle split rings, of which I am not fond. Most of him was tatted while curled up in front of the fire (which I thought was appropriate) over these cold wet days we have had this week.

Still needing wings...

That'll do.

No idea what I'm going to do with him, but I'll think of something. He does match my office rather nicely....
He needs a family.

*You will be happy to know that we're done writing about postcards. J continues to receive them, but we got bored talking about them, so we're moving on.