Saturday, October 1, 2011

Joey's Dragon

I have owed my not-really-a-nephew Joey a bookmark for a couple of months now, and I finally finished it this morning.
The first time I tried this dragon (you might remember Paprika), I used a needle, and the results were not quite what I wanted. I started this one with shuttles, got nearly finished and broke the thread. Since I wasn't pleased with how it was looking anyway, I started over. I had tried to make it without the beads, thinking they would not work well on a bookmark (and what do boys want with beads, anyway?), but it really needed the beads.

This time, I'm happy to report, it actually looks like a dragon, complete with sassy curl to the tail and all. I'm still working on my tension with shuttle tatting, but it's coming along.

He really needs a name, but I'm going to leave that up to Joey. Happy late Birthday, Joey!

Oh, PS, about the postcards. There are 9 scheduled posts left over the next three weeks, and then I promise we'll be done with them. I think J's interest is beginning to evaporate anyway. Sorry for the interminable stretch of banality.