Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Autumn in the Kitchen II

Today we're going to focus on main dishes in the Crock pot. If you haven't discovered it already, let me just say that I am in love with my slow cookers. All 5 of them. In the fall, when DH is harvesting in the field, I'm never sure when, or where, he is going to need food. The crock pots help me make sure it's ready when he needs sustenance.

Pumpkin Stew

2# beef stew meat, cubed
1 c. water
3 large potatoes, cubed
4 medium carrots, sliced
1 large bell pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic
1 medium onion, chopped
2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
2 T. beef bouillon granules
1 large can tomatoes, undrained
1 can pumpkin

Place all ingredients in a large crock pot and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours. In season, this recipe can also be made in a real pumpkin as a delicious and dramatic presentation.

Crockpot Chili

2# ground beef, browned (I often only use 1#)
2 cans kidney beans, drained
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
8 oz. tomato sauce
2 medium onions, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
2 T. chili powder
2 t. salt, opt.
1 t. pepper
1 t. cumin
1 t. oregano
3 beef bouillon cubes

Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours. Serve with favorite chili toppings like: shredded cheese, sour cream, crackers, or in a Pumpernickel bread bowl (recipe to come)! Yesterday, I also added a medium chopped zucchini and it was a nice addition. More veggies can't hurt, right?

2 comments:

  1. I need to call my troops to the computer to see these -- what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome And Amazing information that I heard first time,Its very shocking and amazing for me,I am very fond of reading such type of informations those I had never heard before and those having daily life things related searches.
    consultation voyance gratuite

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback means a lot!