Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It Begins

This might not seem like a monumental thing for most of you, but it's a big deal to me. This morning I was able to do 1/2 mile on the treadmill...without my knee hurting at all.
It's not an aerobic workout yet, but it felt wonderful. Walking is so much more than, well, walking to me. Walking brings inspiration. In that half mile this morning I came up with an idea for a series of short stories for the girls. It also means that the weight loss can start. In fact, I think it has begun already. It will take another week to know if this morning's weigh-in was a fluke or not, but it gives me hope.
And of course, it means that the serious hiking is getting closer. That Illinois pathtag will be earned. More boxes will be found. And more will be planted.

Inspiration and hope make a pretty powerful combination.

4 comments:

  1. Happy day! Anticipation of that lovely domino effect . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know that there are doing that to our food. I guess anything you eat the skin, buy organic or pesticide free, anything you peel than it is not necessary.
    voyance par mail gratuit

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback means a lot!