Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autumn in the Kitchen V

Time for Dessert! Here are some of my favorite treats for Fall or Holiday gatherings. You know, the ones that DH gets frustrated about when I make them and then take them away somewhere.

Maple Spice Pecan Pie (see Gooseberry Patch Christmas books for the following recipes)

Candy Apple Walnut Pie

Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie

Cinnamon Ice Cream

1 quart half and half
1 quart heavy whipping cream
2 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. evaporated milk
1 T. vanilla
Cinnamon to taste-start light. You can always add more.

You're on your own here. Just follow direction on ice cream machine. Serve with above pies.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, what treats! Three young ladies reside in this little domicile. I think my shopping list is about to expand . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's it - I need an ice cream maker! Do you have a suggestion on a good one to purchase?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really have good comparison info on ice cream makers. We bought ours at Wal-mart. I just know that your arm will thank you if you buy an electric model. I also know that the smaller ice cubes work better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so enjoyed all of these recipes! They've inspired me to actually do something with all of the pears we picked off our pear trees. I can't wait to try some of these desert recipes - they all sound so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to come over for Lunch AND a carving lesson!

    Still loving David Tennant's amazing eyes.

    Flying ~J~

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback means a lot!